You may have the best product or service, but you must get the word out. You have got to market and advertise how great your business is, if you want customers. However, that doesn’t mean you need to spend a small fortune on paid advertising methods.
Eight No Cost Ways to Market Your Business
Are you trying to promote your business with a tiny marketing budget? Opportunities are plentiful for low or no cost marketing. Here are a few that won’t cost you a cent.
- Publish articles about your specialty. “How-to” articles are always welcome. Ensure you include your contact information.
- Write letters to the editor of publications your target market reads.
- Get involved in an organization or community project.
- Build strategic alliances with non-competing businesses and cross-promote each other.
- Publish a special report. A “super how to” list for your specialty area. Distribute freely. Ensure that your contact information is included.
- Speak to groups and organizations. Make sure the audience is your target market.
- Carefully target relationships with media sources.
- Write newsworthy press releases and distribute to your special contacts.
10 Ways to Advertise Your Business For Free!
At some point many small business owners are left with no or a small amount of capital to promote their business. But many entrepreneurs utilize these free or low budget yet effective tactics to promote their business online and offline.
- Print out flyers or business cards and take them to your local stores, banks, beauty shops etc.
- Word of mouth never fails, so tell your friends to tell their friends.
- Make a cookie, candy or fruit basket and take it to your local store with your business cards.
- Exchange links with other sites.
- Post your brochures business cards at your local bulletin board.
- At a restaurant when tipping include your card.
- Send a press release to your local newspaper.
- Submit your site to search engines and directories.
- Give out free samples, promotional products, e-books etc.
- Write articles for others to use on their website and newsletter include your web site URL and a brief description of your services/products.